Since sorrow never comes too late,
And happiness too swiftly flies.
Thought would destroy their paradise.
No more; where ignorance is bliss,
'Tis folly to be wise.
-- Thomas Gray, 1742
Here are some things that need to be noded. /msg me if you node them, I'll remove them from this list.
Environmentally flavored nodes:
- Bureau of Weather Modification (China)
- Body burden
- Carbon Neutral Mortgage Association, or Connie Mae.
- Carbon offset
- Carbon tax
- Contour ploughing or Contour farming
- Crop rotation could use more.
- Demographic fatigue
- District heating
- Drip irrigation
- Ecopsychology or Biophilia hypothesis
- Education for All
- Fossil aquifer or Fossil water
- Fossil Fools Day
- International aid
- Marine park or Marine reserve
- Marine Stewardship Council
- No-till farming
- Ogallala Aquifer
- Passive solar power
- Peak minerals
- Renewable Portfolio Standard
- Solar Taxi
- Terminator seed
- Trawl fishing
- Tree bog or Treebog
- Tree farming
- Truck farming
- Wave power
- White-nose syndrome (a disease killing American bats)
- X Prize has been noded, but the Automotive X Prize has not. It could be placed in either node.
- Profit share
- Spring Break
- Tall tale
- Line graph
- Fleet Post Office
- Looking for something wacky to node? try Hans Hörbiger and his Welteislehre theory.
- Soup kitchen and food bank
- Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth
- Badger Badger Badger
- The Oxford Oath, in both the 1600s and the 1930s.
- Frallup (some new-fangled slang, insulting)
- Cecchetti Method
- Sullivan Act, or Sullivan Law, if you prefer.
- Prozeugma, hypozeugma, epizeugma, mesozeugma, diazeugma, and hypozeuxis.
- Expert witness
- Windcatcher or Wind tower
- Pearl of Allah (the biggest pearl in the world!)
- Marching and Chowder Society
- Song and Dance (Musical)
- Phantom Of The Opera (Musical)
- USDA or United States Department of Agriculture
- z process, Attachment Therapy, or holding therapy. Should be hardlinked to from Z therapy.
- Likewise, Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) needs to be noded.
- supper club
- Court of Appeal, appellate court
- Loafer, or loafers, the footwear. Also, penny loafer.
- For the bored noder, overall needs a new WU. Overalls could also use a better WU, but I'm talking about the 'all things considered' overall, not the article of clothing. Webster defines it as meaning 'everywhere', and notes that it is obsolete.
- Least hypothesis
- I believe the definitions of Hemeralopia and Nyctalopia have switched places completely since Webster's day. I have no idea what causes either. The words Hemeralope and Nyctalope should probably be defined in the WUs, too, unless they might be granted their own nodes.
- Burali-Forti's Paradox
- Cantor's paradox
- Jackie Onassis sunglasses; really big sunglasses. But I can't make a WU out of that.
- Knights of the Golden Circle
- Skater, and Sk8er (or Sk8ter).
- Thysania agrippina (AKA the South American owlet moth or the White witch moth).
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Securities and Exchange Act
- Front-end loader
- Party Boss
- Vertical time
- Carmen figuratum, Calligram, Shape poem.
- Webster's definition of Maelstrom could use some elaboration.
- Saltational evolution, Transformational evolution, and Variational evolution should be defined on E2 somewhere; either in separate nodes, or in the evolution node, with firmlinks from the nodeshells.
- CAFE, CAFE standards, or Corporate Average Fuel Economy. Your choice.
- Purchase order
- The Blue Danube
- Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin
- Helmuth von Moltke
- Blue Suede (Band)
- Norman Spinrad
- James Gunn
- Julie Andrews
- Anthony Boucher
- Mordecai Kaplan
- Lawrence Watt-Evens
- There are a whole mess of nodeshells listed in the Astronomer node.
Check out hungersite.com, freerice.com, and goodsearch.com.
If you would like to send me a postcard, my address is:
1670 NC 33 west
Chocowinity NC 27817
Voting Oracle -- December 22, 2013:Thou hast cast 211177 votes... 2.0114% of the judgements made of all time, across 60.113% of all votable writeups.
I'm getting there...
Fight the Real WorldTM Your future lies here.